SF6 gas, also known as Sulfur Hexafluoride, is a chemical associated with human life with many uses that they bring in many different fields such as environment, transportation, health, etc. about SF6 yet? What properties, applications and dangers inherent in SF6? Please refer to the article that abbasia.asia introduces below.
What is SF6? Concept of SF6
SF6 is the chemical symbol for Sulfur Hexafluoride, which is inorganic, colorless, odorless, non-flammable, extremely strong greenhouse gas and good electrical insulator. SF6 has an octahedral geometry (six fluorine atoms attached to a central sulfur atom). Is a type of ascending molecule. Representing a nonpolar gas, SF6 is insoluble in water but soluble in nonpolar organic solvents.
Sulfur Hexafluoride has a density of 6.12 g/L at sea level, much higher than the density of air (1,225 g/L).
History of SF6 gas
SF6 gas has been used by humans since 1990 due to its many good applications. SF6 gas is also gradually introduced into the industries, especially the power cutting industry, applied to electrification substations because of its very high dielectric strength (higher than air) and the ability to extinguish arcs very well. good.
In the 1980s, SF6 gradually became more accessible to the public, and the applications SF6 brought to people were gradually used more and more. Currently, high voltage equipment uses SF6 gas and low voltage also tends to use this gas.
Reference: Buying used SF6 gas
Physical properties of SF6
- The dielectric strength of SF6 is 2 times that of air
- The ability to transfer heat and dissipate heat is very good, used to reduce the temperature of the device when operating.
- SF6 for effective arc extinguishing, which reduces wear on equipment contacts, significantly reducing maintenance times
- Non-toxic to humans, non-flammable, non-corrosive
Chemical properties of SF6
- Under normal conditions, SF6 will be chemically inert because they are incapable of reacting with any substances
- Chemically stable, non-inert, good chemical reactivity, difficult to decompose
- The mass of SF6 is 5 times heavier than air, which is very high. And also a substance that causes the greenhouse effect.
- According to studies, 1kg of SF6 can be equivalent to 22 tons of CO2 .
How to apply SF6 gas in practice?
- Helps reduce the size, reduce the weight of the device
- Increase the quality of operation
- Easy to install and transport
- Reduce maintenance times
SF6 is also used in
- High voltage circuit breakers/transmissions, switchgear and switchgear
- Gas insulation for substations, power transmission lines
- Use in Radar equipment, Particle accelerators and generators
In medicine, SF6 also has special uses for ophthalmology, treating some diseases related to the human eye.
And thousands of other apps.
Is SF6 gas toxic to humans?
The answer is no. SF6 gas is completely harmless to humans, animals and the environment. However, SF6 can be a greenhouse gas if too much SF6 is exposed to the atmosphere, but SF6 has a very low density (000 ‘000 ‘000 ‘003) so they contribute to the effect. greenhouse only 0.1% total effect.
How to use SF6 gas
- Take gas out or use gas in a well-ventilated place, absolutely not in places with fire, explosive or flammable objects.
- The gas canister must be guaranteed to be leak-free
How to Store SF6
- Air must be kept in cool places
- The temperature where the gas is stored must be below 400 C .
- Limited or no light in
- Keep away from sources of fire and heat
So hopefully through the above article, it can help people better understand SF6 and the benefits that SF6 brings to people.
ABB Asia Co. Ltd.
- Vinhomes Ocean Park Gia Lam., Ha noi
Central Viet nam
- Hai Linh ward – Nghi Son city–Thanh Hoa Pro.
South Viet nam
- 11A Hong Ha -Tan Binh Dis. – Ho Chi Minh
- My Xuan ward – Phu My city – Vung Tau
Tel/zalo/whatsapp: +84 902 336 426 (zalo/whatsapp)
Email 1: email@example.com
Email 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website 1: https://www.abbasia.asia (Global)
Website 2: https://www.kattashop.com (Viet nam)
Website 3: https://www.vietxuangas.com.vn (Viet nam)
Youtube Chanel 1: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1PRzMgPNbqyJRP2pKSuxsA
Youtube Chanel 2: https://bit.ly/3bn2HYU
ABB Asia Co., Ltd – PRÉSENTATION DE LA SOCIÉTÉ
What is Sf6 gas? Top 4 SF6 gas applications
ABB asia – Introduction Khme